Porting of a Delphi XE projet to RIO

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
BJC57

Porting of a Delphi XE projet to RIO

Post by BJC57 » Mon 03 Jun 2019 14:15

hi
I've installed my new IDE in my computer and all the components updated to last release. When I try to build my first project I get an error during building:

undeclared identifier: TMSConnection

I take a look to my source and I see MSAccess in uses clauses, but if try to open it the source returned is dxEMF.db.MSAccess that seem is not the appropriate piece of code (it seem a DevExpress include file).

can someone help me?

Gian Claudio Bernardi

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Porting of a Delphi XE projet to RIO

Post by Stellar » Tue 04 Jun 2019 14:22

It may be that your project or IDE contains paths to the directories that have several MSAccess files with the same name. Please make sure that the path to the SDAC files is the first record in the "Library Path" list in your IDE or the first record in the "Search path" list in your project settings. The default path to the SDAC files on a Win32 platform:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\SDAC for RAD Studio 10.3\Lib\Win32\

BJC57

Post by BJC57 » Wed 05 Jun 2019 08:30

many many thanks, I try this solution

cjmoore

Post by cjmoore » Wed 28 Aug 2019 07:56

I have the same problem, SDAC paths (Lib\Win32 & Bin\Win32) are before DevEx in my Library path and I still have the same problem, putting the path in the project search path didn't solve it either.

Would be nice if Devart could prefix their units eg Devart.MSAccess etc etc

Regards,
Cary

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Wed 04 Sep 2019 08:28

SDAC and DevExpress have units with the same name MSAccess -- you can try renaming the MSAccess unit in SDAC source code. This will allow using both products in the same IDE.