Support for Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
birger_j

Support for Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server?

Post by birger_j » Wed 15 Aug 2018 10:19

In viewtopic.php?t=37061 you state that
SDAC 8.0.5 is compatible with Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server
How are you supporting MS OLEDB driver?

In SDAC TMSConnection I cannot choose a provider that correspondents with this provider. Only prNativeClient. NativeClientVersion goes up to 2012.

I have installed the new Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlnat ... ql-server/) and removed the (old) SQL Native Client.

When I use Provider = prAuto a connection is made that uses the prSQL setting and not anything that resembles MS OLEDB driver.

According to MS Documentation you should use Provider=MSOLEDBSQL. When I enter this into the connection string the string cannot be parsed bij TMSConnection.

How do I get SDAC to use the Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server?

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Support for Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server?

Post by Stellar » Fri 17 Aug 2018 07:45

Thank you for the information. We will add compatibility with Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL) in the next SDAC build.

birger_j

Post by birger_j » Mon 20 Aug 2018 11:51

What is the planned release date for this build?

birger_j

Post by birger_j » Mon 27 Aug 2018 07:54

Hello?!

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Mon 27 Aug 2018 13:14

In the roadmap of our products, the next release will include support for the new version of RAD Studio. Accordingly, the release of SDAC, including the changes you are interested in, will be available immediately after the release of RAD Studio "Carnival" 10.3.

donaldshimoda

Post by donaldshimoda » Sat 13 Oct 2018 15:15

No have interest in beta testing before carnival is released? I believe will be great for your developers allow to carnival beta testers test your unidac release before the carnival launch, dont you think?

Best regards

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Tue 16 Oct 2018 13:10

The new version of SDAC 8.1.7, which supports Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL) is already available for download.

donaldshimoda

Post by donaldshimoda » Sat 20 Oct 2018 14:00

Great!

Any new about the UNIDAC Version compatible with Carnival? Releases is in 3 days...

bork
Devart Team

Post by bork » Mon 22 Oct 2018 08:57

We are under NDA, so we cannot comment the release date. We will release UniDAC compatible with new IDE as soon as the new IDE is released. If you have UniDAC with Source code license and an active subscription, please contact us via the contact form www.devart.com/company/contactform.html and we will provide you UniDAC night build to test compatibility.