Required provider is not installed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
hsldev

Required provider is not installed

Post by hsldev » Tue 17 Jul 2018 02:09

Hi,

I am trying to disable TLS 1.0 & 1.1 when using TMSConnection. Currently we are using the (default) SQL OLEDB provider which only supports up to TLS 1.0. I found documentation on this site that suggests I need to configure TMSConection to instead use the SQL Native Client provider, which supports TLS 1.2 using the following code:

connection.Options.Provider := prNativeClient;

I have done this, and installed 'Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client', however, I still receive the error 'Required provider is not installed' when connecting to the database. Using RAD Studio 2007 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

Can you please advise how to fix this issue.

Thanks,
John

hsldev

Re: Required provider is not installed

Post by hsldev » Fri 20 Jul 2018 04:57

Bump... any suggestions gratefully accepted!

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Required provider is not installed

Post by azyk » Fri 20 Jul 2018 09:05

To avoid the 'Required provider is not installed' error, you should install SQL Native Client provider on the computer where the project is run. For example, you deployed an application on the client computer. Install SQL Native Client provider on this client computer. Now when running the project, the specified error disappears. With further deploys, SQL Native Client provider should not be installed on this computer.