Problem using Windows Authentication

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
PForest

Problem using Windows Authentication

Post by PForest » Fri 16 Mar 2018 14:35

Hi,

One of our client has encountered a problem with one of our application. He has no connectivity problem with our old app compiled with D5 and SDAC 6.9.18. But one of our tool was moved to D10 Seattle and used SDAC 7.2.

The client has a server and a thin client. The Server use Windows Server 2016 64 bits and the thin client use Windows 10 pro 64bits. If we run our tool on the server, the tool is able to establish the connection but not from the thin client.

The only difference that I can find with the tool D10 version and is predecessor in D5 is this one:
The ConnectString of the TMSConnection object read ";Integrated Security=SSPI" while in D10 is Authentication=Windows. Also,
if I open the Data Link Property form in both version, everything is identical except one thing. In D5, on the Connection tab, Use Windows NT Integrated security is selected but in D10, it is Use a specific user name and password that is selected. If I press the Test Connection button in D5, the connection is establish. In D10, it failed. Of course we don't use a User name and password. But if I select Use Windows NT Integrated security and try again, it works. Now, If I press the ok button in D10, it seems to work but exploded in an error.

I do nothing else, I don't select any server or database name.

So I don't know if this is why we are not able to establish the connection on the thin client.

The Connection form of the TMSConnection is identical in both version and the rest of the properties is identical.

Any advice?

Thanks

Patrick Forest
Loc Software

PForest

Re: Problem using Windows Authentication

Post by PForest » Fri 16 Mar 2018 15:08

Hi again,

I should mention that had access to SDAC 8.0.2. So I installed it and try again to make the properties of the D10 version identical to the D5 version. The problem that I mention when saving the change in the Data link form, continue to happen in 8.0.2, I'm waiting after the client to test the connectivity using 8.0.2.

Thanks

Patrick Forest

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Tue 20 Mar 2018 11:52

Try connecting to SQL Server using SDAC 8.0.4 and let us know the results.

PForest

Post by PForest » Mon 02 Apr 2018 13:27

Hi, I'm back from my vacation and i tried what you asked me.

I have installed 8.0.5 version in demo mode. I do the same steps has I mention earlier and I still has the same error.

Here the reported details: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UDYWt ... RwxBMOEJ0d

Thanks

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Wed 04 Apr 2018 10:25

The Extended Properties parameter is present in the connection string TMSConnection.ConnectString for SQL Server, this parameter is not supported by SDAC as reported in the exception text. Try changing the connection string by deleting the Extended Properties parameter.

More information about the connection parameters : devart.com/sdac/docs/devart.dac.tcustomdaconnection.connectstring.htm