Delphi 7 SDAC 8.0.4 Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
swright

Delphi 7 SDAC 8.0.4 Error

Post by swright » Mon 12 Feb 2018 11:39

Delphi 7

I upgraded from 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 and had complaints that the application was going non responsive never to return.

I managed to recreate this in the debugger a few times and it appeared to be calling WaitForMultipleObjects, like it is waiting for a thread to terminate that never does. (I cannot be sure at this point that this is a problem with SDAC).

So I Installed 8.0.4

On startup i get the error

"The procedure entry point @Crthread@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library sdac70.bpl"

For now I have reverted to 8.0.2 to see how it goes.

Regards

Steve

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Delphi 7 SDAC 8.0.4 Error

Post by Stellar » Tue 13 Feb 2018 13:21

It seems that there are some old SDAC units on your computer. To solve the problem, try to perform the following steps:
- close Delphi 7;
- uninstall SDAC;
- remove all the files dclsdac*.bpl, dclsdacfmx*.bpl, sdacfmx*.bpl, sdacvcl*.bpl, datasetmanager*.bpl, dclcrcontrols*.bpl, dcldac*.bpl, dacfmx*.bpl and dacvcl*.bpl from your computer (please make sure that there are no such files on your computer);
- install SDAC;
Please follow our recommendations and inform us about the result.

NonBlocking is a feature of SDAC DataSet(TMSQuery and TMSTable) that is used to retrieve records in a separate thread. Would you please specify if you are using this feature in your application?

swright

Post by swright » Wed 14 Feb 2018 12:01

Thanks for the reply.

Those files were not present, However I found the problem, a component using sdac needed recompiling.

I am not using the NonBlocking option.

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Fri 16 Feb 2018 14:15

Please specify whether you still have any unsolved issues with SDAC 8.0.4. If so, then please provide us with a sample demonstrating the issue, as well as the script for creating the table.