Different results v7.3.16 / v8.0.2 and v8.0.3.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Post Reply
DelphiProf
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri 04 Jul 2014 13:36

Different results v7.3.16 / v8.0.2 and v8.0.3.

Post by DelphiProf » Tue 19 Dec 2017 10:35

Hi,

Just upgraded from SDAC v7.3.16 to v8.0.3. System Windows 10, Delphi 10 Seattle prof.
I've got 2 problems, the main problem is the result of a select in the ClientDataSet with v8.0.3. With v8.0.3 the result is totally different (v7.3.16 is correct) and is a mess. The only thing I've changed is the version of SDAC en recompiled the application. The query is the same. If I go back to v7.3.16 the result is correct. I can't solve this problem with Data Type Mapping, it looks like some results are shaken. What can cause the differences in the results (see below)?

The second problem is with a database field numeric(9,0) which is a persistent field in Delphi type TFloadField. A number like 90031403 with v8.0.3 is shown as 4,5036030633582E16 (see the field RELDOSNR below). So I've tried Data Type Mapping, but then I've to redefine the persistent field in the code which then becomes a TIntegerField. I can solve that but why is this different in v8.0.3 ?

N.B. I've tried v8.0.2 too and it seems that both problems do not exists with v7.3.16 and v8.0.2 so it looks the problem is only in v8.0.3.

Result 7.3.16 and 8.0.2:
  • <ROWDATA>
    <ROW ID="2221"
    CYCLUS_ID="115"
    HP_ACHTERNAAM="Achmet"
    HP_VOORLETTERS="O."
    HP_TUSSENVOEGSELS=""
    HP_GESLACHT="M"
    P_ACHTERNAAM="Souleiman-Memet"
    P_VOORLETTERS="S."
    P_TUSSENVOEGSELS=""
    P_GESLACHT="V"
    ALLEENSTAAND="N"
    KNTNR="5700"
    KNTNAAM="Hypotheek xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    RELDOSNR="90042038."
    OMS_CYCLUS="Cyclus 6.2"
    INGANGSDATUM="20151022"
    CONFIG_CYCLUS_ID="117"
    RELDOSNAAM="Achmet, O. en Soulemein-Memet, S."/>
    </ROWDATA>
v8.0.3:
  • <ROWDATA>
    <ROW ID="2221"
    CYCLUS_ID="115"
    OBJECT_KEY="M"
    HP_ACHTERNAAM="Souleiman-Memet"
    HP_VOORLETTERS="S."
    HP_TUSSENVOEGSELS=""
    HP_GESLACHT="V"
    P_ACHTERNAAM="N"
    P_VOORLETTERS="5700"
    P_TUSSENVOEGSELS="Hypotheek "
    P_GESLACHT=""
    ALLEENSTAAND="u"
    KNTNR="Cycl"
    KNTNAAM="Achmet, O. en Soulemein-Memet, S."
    RELDOSNR="1.061123220424438e-153"
    INGANGSDATUM="00000000"
    CONFIG_CYCLUS_ID="1828728399"
    RELDOSNAAM=""/>
    </ROWDATA>

Stellar
Devart Team
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue 03 Oct 2017 11:00

Re: Different results v7.3.16 / v8.0.2 and v8.0.3.

Post by Stellar » Fri 22 Dec 2017 13:35

In order for us to investigate the issue, please send us a small sample demonstrating the issue, as well as the scripts to create tables.

DelphiProf
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri 04 Jul 2014 13:36

Re: Different results v7.3.16 / v8.0.2 and v8.0.3.

Post by DelphiProf » Fri 19 Jan 2018 08:11

Today, after the release of v8.0.4, I de-installed v8.0.2 and tried v8.0.4. The results now are correct. After this, I installed v8.0.3 again and the problem I reported still exists. I went back to v8.0.4 and the problem I reported is solved. The only thing I've changed is just the version of SDAC and did a recompile to notice the differences.

This issue can be closed, but something was certainly wrong in v8.0.3.

Stellar
Devart Team
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue 03 Oct 2017 11:00

Re: Different results v7.3.16 / v8.0.2 and v8.0.3.

Post by Stellar » Fri 19 Jan 2018 14:18

Glad to see that the issue was resolved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.

Post Reply