TDS Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
gkirkwood

TDS Error

Post by gkirkwood » Mon 16 May 2016 11:59

Since upgrading to Delphi Berlin, I'm now getting the error 'An invalid tabular data stream (TDS) collation was encountered' on SDAC version no. 7.3.12. My SQL tables are all in one DB on a single server, and all have the same collation. This also happens with the latest SDAC version on Delphi Seattle. This didn't happen with the previous version of SDAC. Do you have any idea what is wrong ? This is a Firemonkey app, and this behaviour doesn't happen if it runs on Windows - only on Android (I haven't tested on iOS).

azyk
Devart Team

Re: TDS Error

Post by azyk » Wed 18 May 2016 05:26

We can't reproduce the described issue. Please compose a small sample reproducing the problem and send it to andreyz*devart*com. Also supply us:
- the exact version of SQL Server;
- which Collation is installed on the SQL Server database you are connecting to;
- script to create and fill a table;

gkirkwood

Post by gkirkwood » Wed 18 May 2016 08:12

I have found the problem, which didn't exist in the previous version of the controls. My MS SQL Stored Procedure used a Varchar as the parameter type, and in the TMSStoredProc component this was read automatically as a String type. I changed this to a WideString and it works fine.

This only affects the Android version, the String parameter type works fine when compiled and run on Windows.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 30 May 2016 06:16

We have changed behavior, since the server type Varchar corresponds to the String type, and the NVarchar type - to WideString. We are glad you have the solution for the issue. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about SDAC.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Mon 13 Jun 2016 15:59

I'm having the same problem, (same environment)
but on mine it is a Tmsquery wirth all VARCHAR fields in sql (created as Tstringfields in delphi),
and a single TEXT field in sql (created as Tmemofield in delphi)
After reading this i tried to exclude the TEXT field from the update (msquery.post) ,
but still ge error .
thanks

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 15 Jun 2016 07:03

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and investigation is in progress. We will inform you when we have any results.