invalid transaction during notifications active

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
LHSoft

invalid transaction during notifications active

Post by LHSoft » Tue 28 Jul 2015 08:18

Hello,
I need some help getting message:
A previous command in the Transaction contained a Statement that does not Support notifications
I can not see why and where, even not when monitoring with dbMonitor.
the Situation:
my central form does have some tables, 3 of them are in notifications. No Problem.
2 of this 3 are Master-Detail.
If inserting in the Detail, the Master is set to edit mode. Before saving master, thre are some currencies updated, and after saving master, the Detail, if still in insert, is canceled.
This works fine.
But, if being in insert mode and having one new dataline posted in detail and then opening any other form with notifications the error appears. the notification tables on other forms are not the same as in first form.

Another result is that Management Studio can not retrieve any of the datalines of Detail table where master is in edit mode.

If sending a Connection."commit" after each Detail dataline being inserted, there is no error in opening other form, but of course I can not save the master table any more cause after commit it is not in edit mode any more.

Do you have any idea what can be the reason?

best regards
hans

LHSoft

Re: invalid transaction during notifications active

Post by LHSoft » Wed 29 Jul 2015 07:37

additional Information:
if Setting Lockmode from pessimistic to optimistic, this Problem does not occur.

LHSoft

Post by LHSoft » Thu 30 Jul 2015 13:13

additional Information:
in the above circumstances (optimistic) I now get following error:
DisposeBuf failed
(D:\Delphi\Dac\Common\Source\MemData...
Line 8914)
Must be your path.

Best regards
Hans

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Fri 07 Aug 2015 08:35

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced this problem and are investigating it. We will notify you about the results as any are available.