6.1 -> 7.0 problems after upgrade

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
brace

6.1 -> 7.0 problems after upgrade

Post by brace » Wed 26 Nov 2014 13:47

Hi.

I upgraded SDAC to 7.0.

In my application (building was fine in 6.1) has now some problems in compilation. Please note that the only change i did is upgrading SDAC.

i will list all problems, i hope you can give me a solution/motivation for eachone:

1) E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'emptystring' - Emptystring is now undeclared identifier (when SDAC 6.1 was installed it was recognized in "System.string"), of course i can workaround this by replacing EmptyString with '', but I would like to understand while SDAC upgrade introduced this

2) E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'auServer' and 'auWindows'. It was working before. Please note I am already using OLEDBAccess in the uses clause

3) E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'TOLEDBConnection'

basically after the upgrade i cannot compile because of these three undeclared indentifiers.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks.

azyk
Devart Team

Re: 6.1 -> 7.0 problems after upgrade

Post by azyk » Fri 28 Nov 2014 12:21

1), 2) We have moved the declaration of EmptyString, auWindows and auServer to the MSClasses unit. Please add the MSClasses unit to the Uses section.

3) In SDAC 7.0.1 the TOLEDBConnection class was renamed to TMSConnection.

brace

Post by brace » Fri 28 Nov 2014 14:23

Thank you I will try,

moreover i notice thatn when the isntaller tries to uninstall 6.1 i get

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Application Error
---------------------------
Exception EConvertError in module SDACReg.exe at 00006F46.

'-CV=16' is not a valid integer value.

then installations continues. What is this?

brace

Post by brace » Tue 02 Dec 2014 15:47

Help!

I tried to uninsstall and reinstall SDAC (6.1.6) since on 7.0.1 i get unexpected behavior from my app (I will tackle this issue later, not now or I am will be stuck).

First of all on opening a project I have

Package C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\Bin\dclsdac160.bpl must be recompiled before it can be installed..
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time a project is loaded?
moreover as i open a form or datamodule I get:

Error Reading Form:'myForm'

Class TMSSQl not found. Ignore the error and continue? Note: Ignoring the error may cause components to be deleted or proerty values to be lost.

[Ignore] [Cancel] [Ignore All]
So i am totall stuck and cannot work.

Please give me a hint to solve the issue.

i also have the source code version but I do not know how to install it.

I always installed the non source code version succesfully.

I suspect this problem occurs because i had the error i reported before on installing 7.0 (see my previous post).

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Wed 03 Dec 2014 12:21

To solve the issue with SDAC, please try the following:
- close RAD Studio XE2;
- remove SDAC;
- remove all *dac*.bpl and crcontrols*.bpl files from your computer (please make sure there are no such files on your computer);
- find all DAC units, like CRParser.dcu, CLRClasses.dcu, MemData.dcu, MemDS.dcu, DBAccess.dcu, OLEDBAccess.dcu files on your PC and delete them;
- install SDAC.

brace

Post by brace » Thu 04 Dec 2014 09:13

I tried your solution but still TMSSQL class not found problem is there.

Some notes on your procedure:
- close RAD Studio XE2; OK
- remove SDAC; OK
- remove all *dac*.bpl and crcontrols*.bpl files from your computer (please make sure there are no such files on your computer); I FOUND NO ONE
- find all DAC units, like CRParser.dcu, CLRClasses.dcu, MemData.dcu, MemDS.dcu, DBAccess.dcu, OLEDBAccess.dcu files on your PC and delete them; I HAD ALL EXCEPT OLEDBAccess.dcu (but in old projects folders, not in my current one) anwyay i deleted all. you say "find all DAC units" may be there are more who give a problem?
- install SDAC I REINSTALLED 6.1.6

SO it seems some "dirt" is still there. Please suggest another solution! How to totally remove SDAC and most of all how to make the installer install it?

brace

Post by brace » Thu 04 Dec 2014 10:44

Update:

I manaaged to let the design package work by going (in XE2) to
Component/Install Packages and checking "SQL Server Data Acess Components" that was unchecked.

I do not why this was unchecked, probably because i tried to isntall SDAC7 days ago.

If possible I would like anyway to recieve instructions about "completely removing SDAC".

Thank you.

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Thu 04 Dec 2014 14:24

Please make sure you are running RAD Studio XE2 in the standard package configuration, i.e., there is no -r key in the shortcut launch properties. For example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\bin\bds.exe" -rtest
In the sample, -r is a key, test - configuration name. More details at http://support.codegear.com/article/37108 .
SDAC installs/deletes packages only for standard IDE configuration. Otherwise, you have to install/delete packages manually for each configuration.

In order to uninstall SDAC 6.1.6 completely, follow the steps:

1) close RAD Studio XE2;
2) uninstall SDAC 6.1.6;
3) open RAD Studio XE2 not using the -r key;
4) select the Component ->Install Packages menu, in the appeared dialog Remove the following items:

"Devart SQL Server Data Access Components"
"Devart Data Access GUI VCL related Components"
"Devart SQL Server Data Access GUI VCL related Components"
"Devart Data Access Components"
"Devart SQL Server Data Access FMX Components"
"Devart SQL Server Data Access GUI FMX related Components"
"Devart Data Access GUI FireMonkey related Components"
"Devart DataSet Manager"
"Devart Controls"

Press OK, close the studio:

5) If you are using the -r key to run RAD Studio XE2, then repeat the 4th step for each configuration;
6) remove all *dac*.bpl, datasetmanager160.bpl and crcontrols*.bpl files from your computer (please make sure there are no such files on your computer);

After these steps SDAC 6.1.6 will be completely removed from your PC.