Direct connection to SQL Server avoiding MS Native Client

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jwtm

Direct connection to SQL Server avoiding MS Native Client

Post by jwtm » Sat 25 Oct 2014 06:42

Your front page says this capability is already in the product, but I can't find any reference to it in the documentation. I have version 6.7.14 for D2007.

Can you point to examples of use?
Do I need an upgrade?

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Direct connection to SQL Server avoiding MS Native Client

Post by AlexP » Mon 27 Oct 2014 09:36

Hello,

Currently, a Beta version of SDAC with support for Direct mode and Mac OS X is available for download. You can download it from our website: http://www.devart.com/sdac/download.html . To sue Direct Mode, you should set the MSConnection.Options.Provider property to prDirect.

jwtm

Post by jwtm » Wed 05 Nov 2014 00:43

Looking at the SDAC 7.0 download for Delphi 2007.
It's an executable. Before running it I need to know:

Will it overwrite or disable the full licensed version I already have?
I am running Win7/64 bit. Will the 6 column limit apply? If so, I cannot run a meaningful test.

I intend to swap in the SDAC 7.0 Beta into an existing large application and see what the direct connection does for me, with the ability to swap it out again for production. If I can't do that safely I'll just have to wait until 7.0 goes on general release.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 05 Nov 2014 07:44

The Beta versions is trial, therefore there will be a limitation by 6 fields for 64-bit applications. Installation of this version will remove the old SDAC version.