Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Post Reply
Alexander_73
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 13:22

Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by Alexander_73 » Mon 09 Jun 2014 14:57

RAD Studio XE5.
After installing SDAC 6.10.19 (and 6.10.20) there are mass errors with message "Cannot convert type" on opening datasets in working projects. In a new demo project message reproduces with the Target Platform 64-bit Windows. After reinstalling on 6.9 problem doesn't reproduce. :(

Alexander_73
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 13:22

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by Alexander_73 » Mon 09 Jun 2014 15:29

After all, I have found property TMSQuery.Options.DefaultValues when true then raises this error. The project cannot work without this property, what I might do?

azyk
Devart Team
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri 11 Apr 2014 11:47
Location: Alpha Centauri A

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by azyk » Tue 10 Jun 2014 12:33

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced this problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the next SDAC build.

Alexander_73
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 13:22

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by Alexander_73 » Wed 11 Jun 2014 06:34

There is one more problem in SDAC 6.9 and 6.10 I found now. An object of TVirtualTable, after adding FieldDef with type ftGuid, Studio raises exception "Invalid field size" on save project and modules can't be saved.

azyk
Devart Team
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri 11 Apr 2014 11:47
Location: Alpha Centauri A

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by azyk » Wed 11 Jun 2014 15:58

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and will investigate it.

Romano
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue 10 Feb 2009 11:21

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by Romano » Mon 18 Aug 2014 08:10

Hi,
are you sure that error "Cannot convert type" is fixed in version 6.10.21?
It still persists...

Regards
Roman Krupicka

ViktorV
Devart Team
Posts: 2299
Joined: Wed 30 Jul 2014 07:16

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by ViktorV » Wed 20 Aug 2014 09:11

We have fixed the bug related to the "Cannot convert type" error message in SDAC version 6.10.21.
If the issue still exists, please send a complete sample to support*devart*com to investigate it.

Romano
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue 10 Feb 2009 11:21

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by Romano » Thu 25 Sep 2014 12:18

Hi,
I found out that problem was in ReportBuilder. You change field's DataType from ftWord to ftByte for TINYINT (it is OK), but ReportBuilder has bad conversion to its own datatype (ftByte is missing).

Thanks
Roman Krupicka

azyk
Devart Team
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri 11 Apr 2014 11:47
Location: Alpha Centauri A

Re: Errors after changing SDAC from 6.9 to 6.10

Post by azyk » Fri 26 Sep 2014 09:45

If you need to map the TINYINT data type as ftWord - you can sue Data Type Mapping. For example, in the dataset:

Code: Select all

MSQuery.DataTypeMap.AddDBTypeRule(msTinyint, ftWord);
More details about Data Type Mapping can be found in our online documentation: http://www.devart.com/sdac/docs/index.h ... apping.htm .

Note: to use the msTinyint constant, you have to add the MSDataTypeMap unit to the uses clause.

Post Reply