TCustomMSConnection issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
bherring1979

TCustomMSConnection issues

Post by bherring1979 » Tue 10 Sep 2013 20:57

I've just installed the latest version of SDAC for Delphi 7 (6.7.14). I have upgraded from version 3.55.0.15 for Delphi 7. When trying to use TMSConnection to declare and use the connection, I get an error saying “Incompatible types: 'TMSConnection' and 'TCustomMSConnection'” when I try to re-compile my source. This worked fine in the old version and nothing has changed except the upgrade to the latest SDAC version. I was hoping to gain some functionality in the Connection.OnConnectionLost that didn’t exist in V3, but I can’t compile my original code to begin the work.

I haven't used TCustomMSConnection in any of my source code, so I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

I've now gone through my entire project and I cannot find an old .dcu file anywhere. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the new version of the SDAC. What else can I do to troubleshoot this issue? This is becoming a critical issue for us and we need some sort of resolution as soon as possible.

AndreyZ

Re: TCustomMSConnection issues

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 11 Sep 2013 06:08

The point is that we added the new component - TMSCompactConnection (connection for SQL Server Compact). Both TMSCompactConnection and TMSConnection are inherited from TCustomMSConnection. Therefore all other SDAC components work with TCustomMSConnection to make it possible to use both connections.
To avoid the problem, you should change the type of the parameters of your methods to TCustomMSConnection instead of TMSConnection.