error in updating record when CheckRowVersion=True

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)

error in updating record when CheckRowVersion=True

Post by siatc1 » Fri 13 Jan 2006 06:05

I have set the CheckRowVersion=True in the MSQuery component.
When I perform the first applyupdate, there is no error. After that I continue and change some data and then applyupdate again, it gives me the error "Update Failed. 0 records".

I believe that after my first applyupdate, the timestamp field in the record has been changed. But even if I set RefreshOptions.roAfterUpdate it doesn't help on my second applyupdates.

Post by Ikar » Tue 17 Jan 2006 13:18

Thank you for information.
We reproduced your problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the next SDAC build. Please look forward for announcements at the forum.

Update Failed. Found 0 records

Post by jigesh » Fri 14 Apr 2006 19:09

Jigesh wrote:Thank you for information.
It seems like the problem is not fixed. I am using SDAC My first update goes ok without errors, but my next update gives me an error message saying "Update Failed. Found 0 record."

CAn you please help me resolve this problem. I am stuck on this problem now for ouple of weeks.

I have tried all other solutions that were offered for this problem.

All your help will be really appreciated.

Post by Antaeus » Tue 18 Apr 2006 12:43

Try downloading last version of SDAC ( If problem persists then send us complete small sample to demonstrate it, including script to create server objects.
Also supply us following information
- Exact version of Delphi, C++ Builder or Kylix
- Exact version of MS SQL server. You can see it in Info sheet of TMSConnection Editor

Post by jigesh » Tue 18 Apr 2006 16:46

Jigesh wrote:

My problem was solved by refreshing the table in the BeforeEdit event of the table.

Thanks for all the help