Local sorting issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Darek.C

Local sorting issue

Post by Darek.C » Mon 03 Jun 2013 06:18

Hello,
I've been testing TMSQuery component quite extensively since last week because we are considering switching to it form standard Borland ADO controls and we were impressed with the speed those TMS component offers, and we were pretty much decided to buy a site licence until we tested local sorting speed. On 1 000 000 records local sorting on LastName_Name column:
ADODataSet = 9s
TMSQuerry = 44s
it pretty much disqualifies those components form our purchase list.
I have set:
FetchAll = true (so all record are loaded when sorting)
CatchCalcFields = true (as suggested here on forum for faster sorting but the difference in my example is like 2s faster only)
ReadOnly = true (I don't need to edit the main list)

Are these components really so slow on local sorting or do we need to set some properties for this to work?

AndreyZ

Re: Local sorting issue

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 03 Jun 2013 11:34

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and the investigation of the problem is in progress. We will notify you when we have any results.

Darek.C

Post by Darek.C » Thu 13 Jun 2013 08:07

Will it be fixed any time soon? We would like to purchase and include your components in our next release but since opening list last twice as long vs ADO (we have sorting enabled by default on user defined column) we cant switch to your components until it will be fixed and we must close current version till the end of this month :(

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 14 Jun 2013 11:55

We are investigating this problem. As soon as we have any results, we will let you know.

Darek.C

Post by Darek.C » Wed 12 Feb 2014 05:39

Any news regarding this issue?

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 12 Feb 2014 11:16

We have increased performance on local sorting. Please download the latest version and check performance on your sample once more.