Data can't refresh in two different forms

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
tcflam

Data can't refresh in two different forms

Post by tcflam » Sun 26 May 2013 14:45

Dear all,

I have a detail query in form (master form) and update the detail query records in other form (child form that use for select the records). After insert the records, I can't retreive those records in the main form. But I check SQL server that those records already inserted into table. Why? Any idea?

Thanks!

Timothy

AndreyZ

Re: Data can't refresh in two different forms

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 27 May 2013 11:09

Hello,

I cannot reproduce this problem. Please try creating a small sample to demonstrate the problem and send it to andreyz*devart*com . Also please specify the following:
- the exact version of your IDE;
- the exact version of SDAC. You can learn it from the About sheet of TMSConnection Editor.

tcflam

Post by tcflam » Mon 27 May 2013 11:23

Hi,

I think I'm difficult to provide the sample for you. Because I'm using self develop framework. If you can't reproduce the problem, then I think it may be my framework problem. I will try to debug it again.

Thanks so much

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 27 May 2013 12:48

If you reproduce this problem in a small project, please send it to andreyz*devart*com .

tcflam

Post by tcflam » Mon 27 May 2013 14:51

Hi,

I found what is the problem now. The main problem is "MasterSource" and "MasterFields" in detail query. I setup the link for master query and detail query. But I still don't know why it has problem.

Thanks!

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 28 May 2013 05:58

Make sure that when you insert new records into detail table, the correct master field values are used for them. Master/detail relationship implies that the detail table shows only those records that have master field values equal to the current master field value in the master table.