SDAC for C++ Builder 5

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
elsimon

SDAC for C++ Builder 5

Post by elsimon » Tue 19 Feb 2013 15:43

We have just received a standard licence for SDAC. Up till now we have used a evaluation version dated som time in the beginning of 2012. That licence worked fine. But that is not the case with this version 6.6
When building with 6.6 we get these errors:

[C++Error]OLEDBIntf.hpp(23): E2015 Ambiguity between 'ICommandWithParameters' and 'Oledb::CommandWithPArameters'

[C++Error]OLEDBIntf.hpp(24): E2015 Ambiguity between 'IDBProperties' and 'Oledb::IDBProperties'

[C++Error]OLEDBIntf.hpp(24): E2015 Ambiguity between 'IDBDataSourceAdmin' and 'Oledb::IDBDataSourceAdmin'

Any idea why??

AndreyZ

Re: SDAC for C++ Builder 5

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 20 Feb 2013 13:28

Hello,

Such problems show that there are still files from the old SDAC version on your computer. Please try the following:
- remove SDAC;
- reinstall SDAC with the /force parameter like this: sdac66cb5pro.exe /force

The /force parameter forces our installation to overwrite all files from the old installation (if any files were accidentally left on your computer) with files from the new installation.

elsimon

Post by elsimon » Wed 20 Feb 2013 14:07

Hello,
I tried with the force parameter, same result.
As far as I can see these typedefs (causing the compilation error) conflicts with the same typdefs done in Borland\Include\Vcl\oledb.hpp

I have tried, in my application, to comment out these three typedefs in oledbintf.hpp.
That fixes the problem for that application, but instead I got errors when compiling the SDAC demo.

Any idea of a consistent way to solve this?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 21 Feb 2013 10:28

I have reproduced this problem. It occurs only if you have links to the oledb C++Builder unit in your project. To solve the problem, you should remove all links to this file from your project. The following lines must be removed:
#pragma link "oledb"
#include <oledb.hpp>

elsimon

Post by elsimon » Thu 21 Feb 2013 15:44

Ok, Thanks for the effort.
The source of our problem is that our application has support for ADO, BDE and SDAC.
I removed the ADO support (not used anymore) by conditional compilation and then I can use the original include file supplied by SDAC.
Thanks again!

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 22 Feb 2013 08:37

It's good to see that the problem was solved. If any other questions come up, please contact us.