Migration from DbGo/ADO and requery

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
iveres

Migration from DbGo/ADO and requery

Post by iveres » Mon 18 Feb 2013 08:48

Hi to All!

I use MSDAC commponents for new stage of accounting software development. Still we developing older version based on DbGo / Ado commponents that (newer)be migrated to new developed stage. Now we want to migrate only DbGo components to MSDAC on old developed version software.

Migration wizard does job correctly with small manual updating assistence. But... only one but... some stupid sometime before... used AdoQuery.Requery (not existing in MSDAC) at any place in code, at any time... almost in any event handler (madness, grrrr!). Second, minor important, same genious used executing of sql statements directly on connection. For this I have solution, but for Requery method I haven't.

How to painless and so simplest to migrate compoment with requery method and emulate this method on msdac (msquery) components?

Program code is terrible, i can't change coding logic and use and/or migrate to msdac because of this nonexistent requery method.

Maybe some public "helper" function with component as param that executes some code that emulates ado requery or some simillar solution?

Thanks!

AndreyZ

Re: Migration from DbGo/ADO and requery

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 18 Feb 2013 11:07

Hello,

You can use the Refresh method in SDAC instead of the Requery method in dbGo.

iveres

Post by iveres » Tue 19 Feb 2013 14:27

Thanks on replay.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 20 Feb 2013 12:50

If any other questions come up, please contact us.