TMSTableData error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Tomin

TMSTableData error

Post by Tomin » Tue 05 Feb 2013 09:03

Hello,
I have error problem with using TMSTableData.

If I'm running program on server machine then command 'TMSTableData.Open' working ok.
On client machine the same command gives me error 'Table does not exists'
On both machines I'm using the same user, so it is not a problem with the database rights.

TMSTableData I connect to the User-Defined Table Data on MSSQL 2012 which I create by:

CREATE TYPE [dbo].[StrukturaSprawyTableType] AS TABLE(
[Department] [bigint] NULL,
[Condition] [bigint] NULL
)

Please help me to solve the problem.

Regards
Tomin

AndreyZ

Re: TMSTableData error

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 05 Feb 2013 10:12

Hello,

This error occurs because you do not have the SQL Native Client provider on the client machine. To solve the problem, you should install the SQL Native Client 11 provider (it is supplied with SQL Server 2012) on the client machine.

Tomin

Post by Tomin » Tue 05 Feb 2013 10:51

Thanks for help.
I will try...

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 06 Feb 2013 16:54

Was the problem solved? If not, please contact us.

Lithium™

Post by Lithium™ » Thu 19 Sep 2013 10:37

Hello, AndreyZ.
Right now I've faced this problem too. Updating of sqlncli up to v.11 has solved the problem. Note, that this client requires OS Windows7 or higher.

p.s. Unfortunately, there are still hundreds of machines with WindowsXP installed in our company. We cannot afford to buy and upgrade all of them at once. So I have not to use that feature :(

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 19 Sep 2013 11:34

Table-Valued Parameters are supported since SQL Server 2008 using SQL Native Client 10 or higher. System requirements for SQL Native Client 10 can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=16978 .
As you can see, you can use SQL Native Client 10 on Windows XP. So, you can use Table-Valued Parameters using SQL Native Client 10 on Windows XP.