Intraweb ISAPI dll and SDAC

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
SimonWood

Intraweb ISAPI dll and SDAC

Post by SimonWood » Thu 10 Jan 2013 13:12

Delphi XE2 - SDAC Trial edition.
I am attempting to evaluate SDAC for Delphi XE2 and have a simple Intraweb ISAPI dll which does nothing more than attempt to connect to a SQL Server 2008R2 database.

I am able to get this to work correctly using my Windows 7 workstation running ISS7, but when I attempt to deploy this to a Win2008 R2 server, on attempting to load my start page my browser (IE / Firefox) hangs.

Back-tracking, if I remove my MSConnection component, so that my app has nothing more than a button, the problem persists. If however I comment out the MSAccess reference in the uses clause, the web application works.

For what it's worth, I am able to run a client-server executable from the Win2008 R2 server which access the same database using SDAC but I am stumped as to why my ISAPI dll is behaving the way it is.

I have SQLServer Native access components installed on the server and I have the following package files installed on the server:-

dac160.bpl, dacfmx160.bpl, dacvcl160.bpl, dbrtl160.bpl, rtl160.bpl, sdac160.bpl, sdacfmx160.bpl, sdacvcl160.bpl, vcl160.bpl, vcldb160.bpl

I have the feeling that I still have something missing.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could start looking?

Simon

AndreyZ

Re: Intraweb ISAPI dll and SDAC

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 11 Jan 2013 16:46

SDAC Trial Edition requires Delphi IDE running on a computer where ISAPI library (that uses SDAC) is used. Please make sure that Delphi XE2 is running on your computer with Windows 2008.
Also, you can catch the error (try..except) that occurs in your ISAPI library when it connects to SQL Server. Please specify this error.

SimonWood

Post by SimonWood » Mon 14 Jan 2013 08:33

Thanks for the reply.
I managed to get it working by setting the IIS App Pool identity to "Local System" suggesting that there is a permissions issue with the defualt user.

I don't have the Delphi IDE installed on the Win2008 server that is running IIS!

Any suggestions as to what resource Devart is failing to find whenApp Pool identity isn't set to Local System?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 14 Jan 2013 13:21

It sounds like some IIS specificity of working with ISAPI libraries under Windows 2008. For more information, please consult with Microsoft developers.

SimonWood

Post by SimonWood » Tue 15 Jan 2013 10:45

Hmmmm.
If I create the app using DBExpress or InterBase database access components it works correctly. If I use SDAC then it needs to have Local System rights.

If I create an application with no data access components whatsoever (just a button on a screen with no code) and put MSAccess in the uses clause then I have to have Local System rights to get the app to run.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 16 Jan 2013 10:36

Most probably, this problem is caused by lack of rights under Windows 2008. Please write about this problem to the Microsoft support.