QueryInterface failed when open a MSQuery

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
AndreWiget

QueryInterface failed when open a MSQuery

Post by AndreWiget » Thu 10 Jan 2013 12:10

In a DLL we create a MSQery and use it. Then we call other procedures with this query. Inside this procedures we use the query again and call other procedurs with this query as parameter.
In some procedures it works and in some procedures we get an OLEDB Exception: QueryInterface failed.
If I create a new MSQuery and set the connection to the one of the query passed as parameter and perform the same sql script it works.
Can anybody help me with that problem ?

AndreyZ

Re: QueryInterface failed when open a MSQuery

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 10 Jan 2013 14:50

Please try creating a small sample to demonstrate the problem and send it to andreyz*devart*com . Also please specify the following:
- the exact version of SDAC. You can learn it from the About sheet of TMSConnection Editor;
- the exact version of your IDE.

AndreWiget

Post by AndreWiget » Tue 15 Jan 2013 10:36

Hi,

I noticed that the problem only occurs if the Cursor is set to ctStatic. When I set the Cursor to ctDefaultResultSet then the problem doesn't occur any more.

I am using Delphi V7.3.4.3 (Build 8.1) and SDAC V6.6.11 for Delhpi 7.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 16 Jan 2013 13:57

I cannot reproduce the problem. Please try creating a small sample to demonstrate this problem and send it to andreyz*devart*com .