CreateProcCall between SDAC 3.70 and 6.1.5

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Papy214

CreateProcCall between SDAC 3.70 and 6.1.5

Post by Papy214 » Thu 12 Apr 2012 09:21

Hi,

I'm working on delphi project from 2007 to XE2.
The actual source code use 3.70 SDAC.
The new used version in XE2 is 6.1.5.

In the original source code, I find the function:

Code: Select all

function CreateProcCall(Connection: TOLEDBConnection; const OverrideParamDescs: boolean; ParamDescs: TParamDescs; const Name: string; const WideStrings: boolean): string;

in OLEDBAccess.pas.

and

Code: Select all

function CreateProcCall(Connection: TMSConnection; Params: TMSParams; const Name: string): string;
in MsAccess.pas

In the new version, I don't find these functions.

How to replace this function call in code please ?

Thanks for your help !

Papy !

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 12 Apr 2012 13:14

Hello,

You can use the TCustomMSDataSet.CreateProcCall method (the MSAccess unit). The TCustomMSDataSet.CreateProcCall method takes only one parameter - the name of a stored procedure. Connection is taken from the TCustomMSDataSet.Connection property, that is why there is no Connection parameter. Parameters of the stored procedure are returned to the TCustomMSDataSet.Params property, that is why there is no Params parameter. You shouldn't use the CreateProcCall method from the OLEDBAccess unit because it is internal functionality, you should use the TCustomMSDataSet.CreateProcCall method instead.

Papy214

Post by Papy214 » Thu 12 Apr 2012 14:54

Ok, I have found TCustomMSDataSet.CreateProcCall !
thants a lot !

Is there a document migration to avoid wasting time in search next time please ?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 13 Apr 2012 06:10

You can find description of behaviour changes in the "Compatibility with Previous Versions" article of the SDAC documentation. We don't document SDAC internal functionality and we don't have documentation that describes internal changes between SDAC versions. But we are ready to answer all your questions concerning particular problems that you can face during migration process.

Papy214

Post by Papy214 » Fri 13 Apr 2012 15:39

Ok, thanks a lot !

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 17 Apr 2012 06:52

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about SDAC.