Cant install SDAC 6.1.5

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
cooltool

Cant install SDAC 6.1.5

Post by cooltool » Sat 17 Mar 2012 09:25

Hello,
I'am trying to install SDAC 6.1.5 without success.
I get a message that says 'incompatible DAC found'
I have scanned the complete harddisk for *dac* without success.

I installed Delphi XE2 U4 completly fresh.
Where does the setup Porgramm looks at the install?

best regards
Stefan

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 19 Mar 2012 09:11

This problem can be caused by the following reasons:
1. You have other DAC components installed on your computer that are not compatible with the SDAC version you have. To make several DAC components work on the same IDE, you should use compatible versions of them. The latest compatible versions are the following: SDAC 6.1.5, MyDAC 7.1.5, IBDAC 4.1.5, ODAC 8.1.5, PgDAC 3.1.5, UniDAC 4.1.5.
2. You have files from the old SDAC version on your computer. Please try the following:
- remove SDAC;
- remove all *dac*.bpl and *crcontrols*.bpl files from your computer;
- remove *.dcu files from your project;
- reinstall SDAC.

cooltool

Post by cooltool » Mon 19 Mar 2012 18:17

Hello,

i don't install any other dac
sdac in not installed
i have scanned the computer for *dac and *crcontrols - nothing found

So what checks the installer when you start it?

Best regards
Stefan

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 20 Mar 2012 08:25

The DAC installation is looking for any BPL files of other DAC products and checks theirs version. If it finds such BPL files and theirs versions don't match the BPL version of the DAC product that is being installed, the "Setup has detected already installed DAC packages which are incompatible with current version. Please uninstall DAC products" error is generated. Please check thoroughly, there must be some BPL files left from the old SDAC version. If you cannot find them, please try the following:
- remove SDAC;
- reinstall SDAC with the /force parameter like this: sdac61d16pro.exe /force
The /force parameter forces our installation to overwrite all files from the old installation (if any files were accidentally left on your computer) with the files from the new installation.

cooltool

Post by cooltool » Tue 20 Mar 2012 17:42

Thanks, the /force installed the Software

best regards
Stefan

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 21 Mar 2012 06:27

It is good to see that the problem was solved. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about SDAC.