ApplyUpdates fails on empty datasets after updating to 6.1.4

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Post Reply
juanmaria
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:37

ApplyUpdates fails on empty datasets after updating to 6.1.4

Post by juanmaria » Thu 26 Jan 2012 09:48

Hi,

I've just updated to SDAC 6.1.4 and I've been noticing "Access Violation" errors when calling ApplyUpdates.

Those errors happen when the dataset is empty, even when there have been deletes on a previous non-empty dataset.

The errors happen both with the Connection and with the DataSet ApplyUpdate methods.

I've left a test project on http://www.juanmaria.com/tmp/ApplyUpdatesTest.rar

If you create the table, execute the progran and push the button without creating any rows the error happens. If you create a row it works fine but if you delete this row it happens again.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 26 Jan 2012 10:07

Hello,

We already fixed this problem. This fix will be included in the next SDAC build.

juanmaria
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:37

Post by juanmaria » Fri 27 Jan 2012 11:19

Thank you Andrey,

Do you know when this new build is expected?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 27 Jan 2012 13:43

We plan to release new builds of all DAC components as soon as RAD Studio XE2 Update 4 is released. This way, we will be able to provide all DAC components compatible with the new update.

juanmaria
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:37

Post by juanmaria » Fri 27 Jan 2012 15:22

Hi again,

An is there any kind of patch or workaround for this problem whil I wait?.

I've got quite a few applications which use cached updates and right now I don't dare to recompile them because of this problem.

I, also, woludn't like to downgrade them for the problem of macros not being parsed on some circumstances so I'm stuck.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 30 Jan 2012 08:58

If you need this fix as soon as possible, we can send you a custom SDAC build with the fix. Please send your SDAC license number to andreyz*devart*com.

tonisanta
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed 04 Apr 2007 17:25

Post by tonisanta » Fri 03 Feb 2012 11:40

for Andrey.
I have same problems with emtpy datasets in cache update. Please, let me have the fix, too. I just sent you an email with this request, indicating my license#. It's urgent.

for Juanmaria:
did you just receive the fix?


best regards
Toni

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 06 Feb 2012 15:21

I have sent you needed corrections by email.

juanmaria
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:37

Post by juanmaria » Wed 29 Feb 2012 09:56

Hi again,

I didn't noticed the latest posts because the mail notifications didn't work.

I downgraded my SDAC to be able of compiling albeit the macros problem.

I'm sending my data to AndreyZ.

Thank you.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 29 Feb 2012 12:44

We are going to release SDAC with this fix today or tomorrow. You will be able to download SDAC with the fix from Registered Users' Area.

juanmaria
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:37

Post by juanmaria » Wed 29 Feb 2012 12:48

Ok, thank you, I'll wait for the official release.

(This time I've received the post notification).

Post Reply