OLEDBAccess.pas Assertion failure line 4693 in version 6.1.4

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
PaulT2

OLEDBAccess.pas Assertion failure line 4693 in version 6.1.4

Post by PaulT2 » Wed 25 Jan 2012 20:03

I believe this is a separate question to an earlier one I raised with regard to assertion failures (which I think we fixed after forum advice), but the two may be linked...

I'm trying to harden our server application to occurances of the network being taken down around it. So when I disable the LAN connection and try to shutdown the application, I get an assertion failure at line 4693, but as we don't have the source code edition I can't see exactly what this line is asserting...

This occurs right at the end of the application closing down i.e. after the main form destroy. In fact the call stack looks to be calling TComponet.DestroyComponents, then TMSSQL.UnPrepare and finally TCustomDASQL.EndConnection.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated as always.

Paul.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 26 Jan 2012 09:45

Hello,

This error may occur in a multithreaded application. SDAC is thread-safe, but the restriction is that you cannot use one connection (TMSConnection component) in several threads, you must have a connection in each thread. Also, you can try creating a small sample to demonstrate the problem and send it to andreyz*devart*com .