FetchAll=False and New Transaction Is Not Allowed...Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
dam54

FetchAll=False and New Transaction Is Not Allowed...Error

Post by dam54 » Tue 16 Aug 2011 18:26

Hello, we have a TMSQuery with FetchAll set to False because the table has millions of records. With FetchAll=True, we get an out of memory error. With FetchAll=False, the query opens fine, however we are unable to save any changes without getting one of the following errors. We are using a TMSUpdateSQL object and cached updates. If I use MSConnection.ApplyUpdates, I get the "New transaction is not allowed because there are other threads running in the session" error. If I use TMSQuery.ApplyUpdates, I get "A trigger returned a result set and/or was running with SET NOCOUNT OFF while another outstanding result set was active. Is there any way to have MARS=True, FetchAll=False, and be able to save records without fetching all the records? Thanks, Dave

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Wed 17 Aug 2011 09:59

These problems are connected with MARS, but not SDAC. You can find information about MARS and transactions here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cbiyikoglu/arch ... -3983.aspx