Reinstall Help and ONLINE doc

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
olegP

Reinstall Help and ONLINE doc

Post by olegP » Wed 06 Jul 2011 19:41

1.Can I reinstall in IDE Delphi 2007 ONLY HELP for SDAC without reinstall whole Lib?
PS. command h2reg -r can't find ini file.

2. Is any ONLINE help-doc for SDAC? Or PDF\MSWord-Doc file?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 07 Jul 2011 10:54

Hello,

1. You should reinstall SDAC, it will take only a few minutes.
2. You can download the SDAC documentation in the CHM format here: http://www.devart.com/sdac/sdacchm.zip

olegP

Post by olegP » Thu 07 Jul 2011 11:33

Thanks.
AndreyZ wrote:Hello,
You should reinstall SDAC, it will take only a few minutes.
But I did some changes in sources and compliled Libs. And reinstall updaded all my BPLs. It's not good.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 07 Jul 2011 14:55

To register and unregister the SDAC documentation, you can use the %SDAC_Install_Dir%\Uninstall\HelpReg.exe file. Here is an example of the SDAC documentation registration for RAD Studio 2007:

Code: Select all

%SDAC_Install_Dir%\Uninstall\HelpReg.exe /R /ns Devart.SDAC /descr SQL Server Data Access Components /fn SDAC /ide BDS5 /hdir %SDAC_Install_Dir%\Doc /product SDAC /idir %SDAC_Install_Dir% /nofilter
, and an example of unregistering:

Code: Select all

%SDAC_Install_Dir%\Uninstall\HelpReg.exe /U /ns Devart.SDAC /descr SQL Server Data Access Components /fn SDAC /ide BDS5 /hdir %SDAC_Install_Dir%\Doc /product SDAC /idir %SDAC_Install_Dir% /nofilter

olegP

Post by olegP » Thu 07 Jul 2011 17:20

Thanks. Ok.