Class named TMSXMLField already exists

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
quest

Class named TMSXMLField already exists

Post by quest » Thu 30 Jun 2011 16:56

Hi,

I am using Delphi XE with SDAC 5.10.0.7.

When loading my bpl that contains my data modules, I get the following error

xxx.exe raised exception class EFileError with message "A class named TMSXMLField already exists"

The database does not have any fields of type xml. I was wondering if maybe having 2 text fields in one table might cause this?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Carl

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 01 Jul 2011 07:59

Hello,

I assume that you meant that this error occured when you were trying to load your library (dll) in your application (xxx.exe). If yes, please try rebuilding both your application and library with SDAC 5.10.0.7 and check if the problem persists.

quest

Post by quest » Fri 01 Jul 2011 14:49

Hi Andrey,

No we have a solution that has 17 projects in it. 1 produces the exe and the other 16 are compiled into .bpl's which the exe loads at run time. When loading our first bpl which contains the data modules, we get the error described above.

I have cleaned and rebuilt the solution many times and unfortunately it does not fix the issue.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 04 Jul 2011 08:37

This problem can be caused by some third-party components. In this case the TMSXMLField class can be registered twice, and this causes the "A class named TMSXMLField already exists" error. Please check if any of third-party components you have on your computer has the TMSXMLField class.
Also you can try rebuilding your solution in the following way:
- close RAD Studio XE;
- remove SDAC;
- remove all *dac*.bpl files from your computer;
- remove all dcu files from your solution;
- reinstall SDAC.
- rebuild your solution.