SDAC 5.00.02 and later with Reportbuilder

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Post Reply
Erik van Putten
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:24
Location: Moerkapelle

SDAC 5.00.02 and later with Reportbuilder

Post by Erik van Putten » Thu 31 Mar 2011 11:21

Hi since SDAC 5.00.02 I can't get the RBSDAC.BPL installed that is supplied in Demos/Thirdparty/Reportbuilder.

I works fine up to SDAC 5.00.01
I'm using Delphi XE and ReportBuilder 12.04
Here's the ammended DPK as the provided one is for Delphi 9 and an old version of Reportbuilder

-----
package rbSDAC;

{$R *.res}
{$ALIGN ON}
{$ASSERTIONS ON}
{$BOOLEVAL OFF}
{$DEBUGINFO ON}
{$EXTENDEDSYNTAX ON}
{$IMPORTEDDATA ON}
{$IOCHECKS ON}
{$LOCALSYMBOLS ON}
{$LONGSTRINGS ON}
{$OPENSTRINGS ON}
{$OPTIMIZATION ON}
{$OVERFLOWCHECKS OFF}
{$RANGECHECKS OFF}
{$REFERENCEINFO ON}
{$SAFEDIVIDE OFF}
{$STACKFRAMES OFF}
{$TYPEDADDRESS OFF}
{$VARSTRINGCHECKS ON}
{$WRITEABLECONST ON}
{$MINENUMSIZE 1}
{$IMAGEBASE $400000}
{$DESCRIPTION 'ReportBuilder Pro Data Access for SDAC'}
{$IMPLICITBUILD OFF}

requires
sdac150,
dac150,
vclx,
rbRCL1215,
rbIDE1215,
rbDB1215,
rbDAD1215,
sdacvcl150,
dacvcl150;

contains
daSDAC in 'daSDAC.pas';

end.
------

The DPK compile's just fine, however when trying to install it I get the following :

SDAC 5.00.01
No problems
SDAC 5.00.02
The procedure entry point @MSaccess@TCustomMSDataSet@DataConvert$qqrp9Db@TFieldpvt2o could not be located in the dynamic link library sdac150.bpl
SDAC 5.00.05
The procedure entry point @Msaccess@TCustomMSTable@CanUseCursor$qqrx25Oledbaccess@TMSCursorType could not be located in the dynamic library sdac150.bpl

Can you help out ?


Kind regards, Erik.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 31 Mar 2011 12:01

Hello,

You can get such errors if you have an old version of dac150.bpl or sdac150.bpl. Please try the following:
- remove SDAC;
- remove all *dac*.bpl files from your computer;
- reinstall SDAC.

Erik van Putten
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:24
Location: Moerkapelle

Post by Erik van Putten » Thu 31 Mar 2011 12:26

Hi AndreyZ, thanks for the speedy reply.
I know about that problem had it before years ago.

Just in case, I did what you asked to be sure.
Removed SDAC
Searched for *dac*.bpl.
I found a lot of them on my system and removed them.
Reinstalled SDAC

Sadly it does not fix the issue in this case.

Kind regards, Erik.

Erik van Putten
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu 11 Nov 2004 08:24
Location: Moerkapelle

Post by Erik van Putten » Thu 31 Mar 2011 13:11

Andreyz I continued on your solution.

I also did a scan for *DAC*.* (thats a lot)

After I removed *DAC*.BPI and *DAC*.DCP and *DAC*.HPP the problem went away.

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Kind regards, Erik.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 31 Mar 2011 13:28

I am happy that this problem was solved. If any other questions come up, please contact us.

Post Reply