Windows XP x64 + Delphi 7 + SDAC 3.55.1.18

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Ludek

Windows XP x64 + Delphi 7 + SDAC 3.55.1.18

Post by Ludek » Mon 03 Oct 2005 11:11

hi, I'm having trouble with this configuration - each time when delphi starts I get following error (and then one similar more):

Can't load package c:\program files (x86)\borland\delphi7\bin\dcldac70.bpl
Registration procedure, Stdreg.Register in package c:\program files (x86)\borland\delphi7\bin\dclstd70.cpl raised exception class Exception: Invalid action registration.
Do you want to attempt to load ....

Is there something known about it?
Thanks!
Ludek.

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Mon 03 Oct 2005 14:59

Please check if the problem is caused by SDAC. Do you have similar problems on another WinXP 64 PC?

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Mon 03 Oct 2005 16:37

now I installed Delphi 7 + SDAC 3.55.1.18 on other workstation and it works fine... I'll try to reinstall it.

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Mon 03 Oct 2005 17:24

I think I made 2 mistakes when installing delphi & sdac:
I copied the BPLs and DLL from delphi 7.1 database supplemental pack to system32, not to syswow64 (f**king lazy borland guys, it's really so complicated to make an installer?! :x :x :x )
I installed SDAC before the first run of delphi.
Sorry for disturbing you...[/list]

Sabina

installing SDAC to fresh Delphi 7 installation

Post by Sabina » Tue 25 Oct 2005 00:15

I've had the same error occur. Steps to reproduce - just regular XP, install Delphi 7, do NOT start delphi7, install SDAC, start Delphi 7 and - Houston, we have a problem.

After several attempts, I gave up, uninstalled SDAC, uninstalled Delphi, installed Delphi, started Delphi, exited Delphi, installed SDAC - all ok.

On another computer - as I was getting frustrated and thought it's something to do with my laptop - when I tried to install SDAC, I got the error about missins MDAC. The OS was XP Pro, so I'd expect that MDAC was there already. Ok, I said to myself, lets go and get it from M$. Downloaded it, tried to install it - only to have installer to complain that MDAC is installed already, and that the old version (one I tried to install) and new one are not compatible (or something to that effect)... Hum... Tried to install SDAC again - same error about not installed MDAC.

Any suggestions?

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Tue 25 Oct 2005 09:42

> install Delphi 7, do NOT start delphi7, install SDAC, start
> Delphi 7 and - Houston, we have a problem.

Thank you for information. We will fix this bug, but we can't specify any terms.

> I got the error about missins MDAC

Can you connect, using ADO, for example?