Make a SDAC win32 application run on OSX

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
brace

Make a SDAC win32 application run on OSX

Post by brace » Mon 29 Nov 2010 10:55

Did yuo ever try to install sql server native client on Macintosh? I mean by using tools as http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ or other tools?

Of course I develop win32 applications, but from time to time I lose potential sales because the customer has also that Mac machine and he doesn't want to hear about "virtual machines" or "remote desktop".

With winebottler (or other products? I know only about winebottler) it is possible to run exes built with Delphi on Mac, for example my application login screen appears, but then there is a connection problem (of course: no native client is there!)

Is there a way to fix this? Since you are experts in the DB connection field may be do you already have tried and solved this.

Thanks.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Tue 30 Nov 2010 08:45

We have not tested SDAC for MAC OS and can't guarantee that it will work on this platform.

brace

Post by brace » Tue 30 Nov 2010 13:57

ok, I just wanted to know if you already investigated this issue oir not. Thanks.