Incompatible with current version when trying to install 5.0

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
DerPaul

Incompatible with current version when trying to install 5.0

Post by DerPaul » Wed 24 Nov 2010 15:55

Hi

When I try to install version 5.0 for Delphi 7, I get this errormessage:
"Setup has detected already installed DAC packages which are incompatible with current version. Please uninstall DAC products."

As far as I can see, I've removed everything with any reference to DAC products, but it still happens.
I then deleted the folders the product had been installed in, and I now get this message whenever I try to start the compiler: "Could not find wizard, 'C:\Program files\Corelab\Sdac for Delphi 7\Bin\msmigwizard70.dll'"

So, maybe I havent unstalled the product correctly? Either that, or maybe there is something wrong with the install-program?
In any case, I think I need a bit of help here.

Yours

Poul

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 25 Nov 2010 08:56

Hello,

This message means that you use other DAC products, for example, UniDAC. Product compatibility is provided for the current build only. Therefore you should upgrade all DAC products simultaneously. Also, this issue can occur if old DAC files were blocked during uninstalling DAC components and were not removed. To resolve this issue try to do the following:
- make sure that all DAC components were uninstalled via Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs;
- find all *dac*.bpl files on your PC and delete them.
Try installing DAC components again.