Why SDAC 5.0 works too slowly than SDAC 4.80&

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Post Reply
Alexander_73
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 13:22

Why SDAC 5.0 works too slowly than SDAC 4.80&

Post by Alexander_73 » Tue 05 Oct 2010 09:54

I have installed SDAC 5.0 on RAD Studio 2007.
I build and run the program, I execute from it complex query. Time of performance - 15 seconds. Then I delete SDAC 5.0 and install 4.80. I build and run the program, I execute the same query. Time of performance - 3 seconds. Time of performance of the same query in MS SQL Server Management Studio - 2 seconds.

What has changed, any adjustments because of which so productivity has fallen off? At us greater problems with our system, executing hundred thousand queries when we update it up to SDAC 5.0.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 06 Oct 2010 08:35

Hello,

We didn't change anything that could influence query performance. Please, make sure that you are using the same options for all tests.

Alexander_73
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 13:22

Post by Alexander_73 » Wed 06 Oct 2010 10:38

AndreyZ wrote:Hello,

We didn't change anything that could influence query performance. Please, make sure that you are using the same options for all tests.
If a pre-defaults between SDAC versions have not changed, I am sure. I only uninstall one version, install other version, open RAD Studio and run a program. I pay your attention that falling of productivity occurs in all my programs as soon as they gather after installation SDAC 5. MS SQL Server 2008.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 06 Oct 2010 12:15

Please, specify the exact version of SDAC 4.80 you are using for testing.

cosxp
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun 21 Jan 2007 16:24

Post by cosxp » Wed 06 Oct 2010 16:00

I just noticed slow down issue with newer version..

There's definately problem with newer version.
As far I can tell you,

#1. using * in select clause make it slow especially when table has lot of fields..

#2. using individual field names in select clause make it very slow when there's lot of fields...

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 07 Oct 2010 08:42

I cannot reproduce the problem. Please, specify the table structure you are using for testing.

Alexander_73
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 13:22

Post by Alexander_73 » Mon 11 Oct 2010 07:42

AndreyZ wrote:Please, specify the exact version of SDAC 4.80 you are using for testing.
SDAC 4.80.0.60 for RAD Studio 2007.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 11 Oct 2010 14:41

I still could not reproduce the problem. I need the table structure you are using to help you. Please, send it to andreyz*devart*com.

Alexander_73
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 24 Mar 2008 13:22

Post by Alexander_73 » Wed 13 Oct 2010 05:28

AndreyZ wrote:I still could not reproduce the problem. I need the table structure you are using to help you. Please, send it to andreyz*devart*com.
It is a joke? The query uses a complex of tens tables, table-valued and scalar-valued functions. To recreate this structure, some weeks of work are necessary. I can open on our server for you a test login and send two test programs connected to them, builded under different versions of SDAC.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 13 Oct 2010 08:19

I have performed a lot of tests and none of them showed performance decreasing. To help you I need the scripts to create your tables and the text of the query that you are performing. I don't need the data that is stored in this tables, only the tables structure. You can extract these scripts from SQL Server Management Studio to files so that I am able to recreate your database structure. Please, send the scripts and text of the query to andreyz*devart*com. The results of testing may be incorrect if I work with your database through the network.

Post Reply