Applying only updates and inserts

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Ludek

Applying only updates and inserts

Post by Ludek » Mon 31 May 2010 09:41

I have a tmsquery in cached updates mode and i would like to apply only the updates and inserts into database (i need to apply other changes before the deletions in this msquery, but after inserts and modifications)
i'm thinking about onupdaterecord with uaSkip - but - i would find some solution like ApplyUpdates([ukInsert, ukModify]) more friendly to programmer. would you mind including it in some next version of sdac?

and a question: is it safe to call commitupdates for one query twice? (commitupdates, although everything has been already committed)

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Tue 01 Jun 2010 14:56

Ludek wrote:i'm thinking about onupdaterecord with uaSkip - but - i would find some solution like ApplyUpdates([ukInsert, ukModify]) more friendly to programmer. would you mind including it in some next version of sdac?
Ok, we will add this functionality in the next SDAC build.
Ludek wrote:and a question: is it safe to call commitupdates for one query twice? (commitupdates, although everything has been already committed)
Yes, it is safe.

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Tue 01 Jun 2010 21:55

Thanks for both!