Change Notification Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
bigdutch

Change Notification Problem

Post by bigdutch » Wed 15 Jul 2009 23:38

Hi

I have the same problem as the post shown below but even worse as I have SQL Native Client installed on the remote server and on my client.

It also pops up this message even if I connect to a local server (unlike the post below).

I am using Native client 9.00.1399.06 on both local and the remote SQL Server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard

==============================================
This was also posted on: Thu 24 Jul 2008 11:30 Post subject: Error with SdacDemo/ChangeNotification to remote server.

I had a problem with query notification in my application so I tested the SdacDemo and got the same problem.

Everything works fine when running on the same PC as the SQL server(MS SQL Server Express Edition 9.00.3042.00) runs but when trying to run from another PC i run into problems.

SdacDemo/ChangeNotification:
Opening connection 2 works fine but when opening connection 1 I get the following error(translated from swedish).

A multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
{5CF4CA11-EF21-11D0-97E7-00C04FC2AD98}
[0] := $1. PropId := 18
[1] := $1. PropId := 17
[2] := $1. PropId := 19

I've tried making changes to db as noted in your help about ANSI_NULLS ON and the rest but can't get it work.

Also tried Trustworthy On, permission changes and logging in as SA and other user but the get the same result.

Any hints on what could be going on here?

==============================================

Installing SQL Native Client was the suggested solution.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Mon 20 Jul 2009 14:17

We have answered you by e-mail.