Best Practices

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ninken

Best Practices

Post by ninken » Wed 15 Jul 2009 14:35

I’m looking for the best way to Test a MSSQL Connection, before connecting to it. My current way of testing the connection , on a failed connection take one whole minute to trap. That’s way too long even with low timeouts.

I’ve read the documentation on Unstable Network / Disconnect Mode. How do you handle master/detail relationships what are the best practices in using these modes, I can’t find good examples.

Look forward to the responses!
Thanks

Kenny

ninken

Post by ninken » Thu 16 Jul 2009 21:23

So their is no way to properly test for a SQL Connection, and the Unstable Network/ Disconnect mode just buggy ? I've followed the help, on these topics, but is way to unstable for a production enviroment. If I am wrong show me how this suppose to work!

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Mon 20 Jul 2009 12:18

If you only need to check if it is possible to connect to SQL Server, you should set the TMSConnection.ConnectionTimeout property and execute the Connect method.
If it does not solve the problem, please give a more detailed description of it.