Query notification.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)

Query notification.

Post by SpeedyC » Mon 06 Jul 2009 07:45

I have problem with query notification in my application. I have started two (or more) instances of the application, which both modify data and is tracking for changes i data (like connection 2 and connection 1 in sdacDemo). Lets call them instance A and B. If I close instance B, I immediately get an error message in instance A: "invalid object name 'SDAC_NS_58_QUEUE'", where the number 58 differs from time to time. When I close instance A i get the error message: "Cannot drop the service 'SDAC_NS_58', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.", and then anothor: "Assertion failure (D:\Projects\Delphi\Sdac\MSAccess.pas, line 2912)", where D:\Projects\Delphi\Sdac\Source is where i keep my source code for sdac on my developing machine.

Seems to work when I give the user a server role as either 'processadmin', 'serveradmin' or 'sysadmin'. Is there a way to configure the user without one of these server roles? Is it an bug in SDAC that requieres the user to be in one of these server roles?

Using Delphi 7 with SDAC

Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Tue 21 Jul 2009 07:15

The problem is that in order to use change notification you should have access rights to server services and service queues.