Hidden access violation on shutdown

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
cjs

Hidden access violation on shutdown

Post by cjs » Tue 27 Jan 2009 12:39

Demo version of SDAC 4.70.0.42
Delphi 6, Service pack 2
MS SQL Server 2008

If Delphi's 'break on exception' is active, when the program shuts down, it triggers an access violation (on a call to CoUninitialize in ComObj.pas). This exception is not seen when running the program outside of the IDE, or with 'break on exception' switched off, but the error still occurs internally -- presumably something is trapping the exception and either handling or ignoring it.

This appears to happen even with a very simple program, with just TMSConnection and TMSQuery components and a simple query.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Wed 28 Jan 2009 14:44

I could not reproduce the problem.
Do you use the Trial Edition of SDAC?
Please check, if the problem still exist if the "Include TD32 debug info" item of the Project->Options->Linker menu is not selected.

cjs

Post by cjs » Mon 02 Feb 2009 09:15

Dimon wrote:I could not reproduce the problem.
Do you use the Trial Edition of SDAC?
Please check, if the problem still exist if the "Include TD32 debug info" item of the Project->Options->Linker menu is not selected.
Yes, I'm using the trial version.

The 'Include TD32 debug info' is unticked.

I tested it against an MS SQL Server 2008 database, using a new project with TMSQuery and TMSConnection components, connecting a DBGrid via a standard Datasource component linked to the TMSQuery. This worked without problems, but triggered the access violation on exit.

If I ran the project outside the IDE (or with 'break on exception' turned off) the access violation did not appear.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Mon 02 Feb 2009 13:23

This problem can appear only in Trial Edition and it will disappear in a registered edition of SDAC.