Conflict with Report Builder

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Sawlmgsj

Conflict with Report Builder

Post by Sawlmgsj » Fri 24 Oct 2008 07:35

Using SDAC 4.50.0.34

I loaded and am trying out Report Builder from Digital Metaphors.

When starting Delphi (2007) I got the message:

Cannot load package rbDIDE1111. It contains unit 'daSQLeditor' which is also contained in package 'dcldac105'

I uninstalled SDAC and then Delphi loaded without the warning message.

Then I re-installed SDAC and the message is now:

Cannot load package 'dcldac105'. It contains unit 'DASQLEditor' which is also contained in package 'rbDIDE1111'

In Delphi I opted to load this next time. Then rebuilt an existing program which uses SDAC and it appears to run correctly.

What would happen with SDAC if I tell Delphi to not load 'dcldad105' in future? In other words what will I lose in SDAC if I tell Delphi not to load 'dcldad105'?

Thanks,
Steve.

Sawlmgsj

Post by Sawlmgsj » Sat 25 Oct 2008 09:29

This is a reply I received from Digital Metaphors on this issue to do with their product Report Builder:

"We do have a class named TdaSQLEditor. From the error message, it appears that the CRLabs product has a class with the same name, thus the conflict.

In Delphi class names must be unique. That is why the 3rd party products use class prefixes. We use Tpp, Tda, Tra, Trs for our Report library, Data library, Rap compiler library, Report Server library.

There is no formal organization to coordinate the class names or to register a prefix. If someone comes along and creates a product that uses the same class names, then a conflict is created."

It must be that TdaSQLEditor is also present in SDAC. Not sure how to deal with this issue. Can anyone help?

Steve.

cjmoore

Post by cjmoore » Sat 25 Oct 2008 20:08

If you have the SDAC source you can rename TDASQLEditor to something else to make it unique and then rebuild SDAC.

I've just gone through changing references of DASQLEditor to CRDASQLEditor - searching .pas, .dfm and .dpk files and then renamed source files Source\Design\DASQLEditor (.pas,.dfm,.lfm and .lrs) to CRDASQLEditor.

Build, installed and now both ReportBuilder and SDAC co-exist.

Sawlmgsj

Thanks

Post by Sawlmgsj » Mon 27 Oct 2008 09:00

Many thanks for your help - Steve

kurtbilde

Post by kurtbilde » Thu 30 Oct 2008 08:09

Hi,
If you have the SDAC source you can rename TDASQLEditor to something else to make it unique and then rebuild SDAC.
Doesn't seem to be a solution for the long run :?

We need a official fix asap for both "old" and "new" version of all DevArts VCL's components.

-Kurt

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Thu 30 Oct 2008 14:08

We have fixed this problem. This fix will be included in the next SDAC build.