CLR-UDT Support

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
crafty

CLR-UDT Support

Post by crafty » Mon 05 May 2008 08:52

Hello,

Is it possible to have a field which is a User Defined Type (Assembly) get detected as a string with read and write operations?
So far I see that it gets detected as TMSUDTField but I can't write to it using string values or read the string output.
On the other hand if I query FieldName.ToString() then I can read the string output but it is readonly. This would also complicate my quries because 'select *...' could no longer be used.

Is there any way to overcome this without building huge SQL+SQLUpdate+SQLInsert etc.?

Regards,
Crafty

Antaeus

Post by Antaeus » Mon 05 May 2008 13:28

crafty wrote:Is it possible to have a field which is a User Defined Type (Assembly) get detected as a string with read and write operations?
It is not possible, but you can access members of UDT values through the AsUDT property. For more information see the UDT demo and the Readme.html file in its directory. You can find this demo in the SDAC_InstDir\Demos\SdacDemo\ directory. The path may vary depending on your IDE. SDAC_InstDir is the SDAC installation directory on your computer.