Auto refresh problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
nileiqi

Auto refresh problem

Post by nileiqi » Mon 11 Feb 2008 06:56

Hi,

I am using SDAC with TeeChart in BSD2006, and I get TDBChart can auto refresh/update

I find a little problem (may be ?), every time when refresh occuring, the cursor shape changes from arrow to glass and changes back. This does not happen when the database is NOT SQL server and no SDAC componments is being used.

Is there any way to get around of it ? Thanks

Daniel

nileiqi

Post by nileiqi » Mon 11 Feb 2008 07:03

Hi,

I don't want use auto refresh because the above reason.

I am not sure whether it is a possible for SDAC to send a self defined windows message if the table has changed, once the program receiving this message,it will call MSTable1->Execute();

If yes, please tell the function name. thanks !

Daniel

Challenger
Devart Team

Post by Challenger » Mon 11 Feb 2008 14:19

To avoid cursor changing on dataset refresh you should remove references to the SdacVcl unit from your application. For notifications on database tables changing please consider the TMSChangeNotification component.

nileiqi

Post by nileiqi » Mon 11 Feb 2008 23:21

Hi

>To avoid cursor changing on dataset refresh you should remove references to the SdacVcl unit from your application.

Could you be more details for the above ?

I remove follwoing

#pragma link "sdacVcl"

But the problem still there ? thanks.

nileiqi

Post by nileiqi » Tue 12 Feb 2008 00:32

Hi,

I am using TMSTable to connect to Chart, but TMSTable has no ChangeNotification property, so I can not use TMSChangeNotification component. so How ?

Also can TMSQuery be used to replace TMSTable ?

Thanks.

Daniel