FetchAll false and detail table

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Peca

FetchAll false and detail table

Post by Peca » Tue 13 Nov 2007 10:20

Hi, I have this problem:
2 TMSQuery (v4.3) as master-detail, master table has about 500000 rows, when I set FetchRow on master table to false, then fetch of detail rows slows down. On true is fetch of detail very quick. Table with details contains about 1000000 rows and then I need fetch detail row only when I need them (not LocalMasterDetail). This problem is only when I run program from another pc, not pc where is SQL2005 server running. On the same pc is everything OK. When I set NonBlocking it works good, but I fetch every data from Master. Huge net traffic.
Thanks for yor suggestion.

Peca

Antaeus

Post by Antaeus » Fri 16 Nov 2007 08:17

I could not reproduce the problem with the last SDAC. Please send me a complete small sample at sdac*crlab*com to demonstrate it, including a procedure that creates tables and fills them with data.

Also supply me the following information:
- exact version of SDAC. You can see it in the About sheet of TMSConnection Editor;
- exact version of your IDE;
- exact version of SQL server and client. You can see it in the Info sheet of TMSConnection Editor.

Peca

Sorry, now its OK

Post by Peca » Sat 17 Nov 2007 21:01

I tried my demo application on other SQL server and there was everything OK. Interestring is that my workmates did similiar application in VS2005 and reading of details worked good. I will investigate whats wrong with our SQL server and network maybe. Thanks for your work. Apologize. Peca