Salesforce Marketing Cloud Excel Add-in NOT saving AppCenterClient login

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
Karl@Etika

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Excel Add-in NOT saving AppCenterClient login

Post by Karl@Etika » Tue 08 Jun 2021 17:15

I was hoping this bug would have been fixed with the latest release, but it hasn't.

Newer instances of Marketing Cloud require connecting via the API, not the user login.

I configured a server-to-server connection and was able to connect to Marketing Cloud. I performed the query I wanted and Finished the query. Results populated Excel as expected.

I saved my settings during the initial connection.

When I attempt to connect again, the settings default back to UserNamePassword and I receive the connection error:

"Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object"

I switch to the only other option on the login screen, AppCenterClient, and attempt to connect, but usually receive a 401 unauthorized error because the saved settings are changing the Authentication Type from server-to-server to AppCenterClient. When this happens, I am not presented with the "Advanced..." button.

Sometimes, after going through this process, I return to the screen with the "Advanced..." button. Only then can I connect successfully by editing the Advanced settings to to change the Authentication Type BACK to Server-to-Server.

Other times, I can't get to the login screen with the Advanced button.

Can you please fix this bug so API connections function more smoothly. The Advanced settings MUST allow us to save the Authentication Type.

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Re: Salesforce Marketing Cloud Excel Add-in NOT saving AppCenterClient login

Post by DmitryGm » Fri 11 Jun 2021 07:42

Thank you for your report.
The investigation the issue with saving Salesforce Marketing Cloud connection parameters is in progress.
We shall inform you as soon as we have any results.

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Post by DmitryGm » Wed 23 Jun 2021 12:36

ServerToServer Authentication Type will be added to the main page of Salesforce Marketing Cloud data connection properties in the next release Devart Excel Add-ins. It may prevent the issue with saving setting.

Karl@Etika

Post by Karl@Etika » Wed 11 Aug 2021 14:27

When will this be fixed? I can't use the Marketing Cloud add-in until it is fixed.

We are now at 2 months past my initial posting about this issue.

This is a critical issue!

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Post by DmitryGm » Fri 13 Aug 2021 09:25

New version of Devart Excel Add-ins (2.5.704 13-Jul-21) is available for download:
https://www.devart.com/excel-addins/download.html

ServerToServer Authentification Type was added to main Salesforce Marketing Cloud connection parameters.