Edit table view with DevArt Excel Add-in

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
jenniferhunter

Edit table view with DevArt Excel Add-in

Post by jenniferhunter » Mon 11 May 2020 14:17

Hi,
I am wondering if editing table views through the DevArt Excel Add-in is in the plans?? We have created editable views in SQL Server in order to allow users to see what they need and also keep the tables normalized.

Thank you,
Jennifer

dm-m
Devart Team

Re: Edit table view with DevArt Excel Add-in

Post by dm-m » Thu 14 May 2020 06:03

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for submitting a post!

Currently, it's not possible to edit view because it does not have columns that uniquely identify rows (primary key or non-nullable unique index columns).

We will investigate the possibility of editing views and post here once have any results. We have no ETA at the moment.

Hadore

Post by Hadore » Sat 13 Jun 2020 17:22

This would be great if it is possible to do. We are using SQL Server too and this new function will be of great help. I was actually thinking about it when returning to my property in Spain here from work. Please let me know when it's going to be possible to do.
Last edited by Hadore on Fri 19 Jun 2020 07:54, edited 1 time in total.

dm-m
Devart Team

Post by dm-m » Wed 17 Jun 2020 12:14

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Our development team will investigate the possibility of editing views and we will post here about the results. To our regret we have no ETA so far.