Excel SQLite and Excel formatting

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
exceler3

Excel SQLite and Excel formatting

Post by exceler3 » Fri 26 Jan 2018 08:22

Hey there,
is there any obvious way to make the plugin save excel-specific formatting to the DB (let's say cell color or Comments)? Alternatively, is there any way to save conditional formatting in the spreadsheet so that the formatting is kept when the data is refreshed. For example, I want to highlight cells (or rows) where a cell has a specific value.
Best regards

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Excel SQLite and Excel formatting

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 01 Feb 2018 13:11

Refresh will discard color formatting and delete all comments. We will investigate the possibility to keep the color formatting of cells and cell comments and will post the results here as soon as possible.

exceler3

Post by exceler3 » Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:48

Thank you that would be very helpful!

AlexBrown

Post by AlexBrown » Wed 06 Jun 2018 11:10

A related question. It seems that there should be a way to do a batch save with the records. Below there is my code for migrating from mdb to sqlite. It is VERY slow saving every record. I tried putting the .UpdateBatch out side of the month loop, but then nothing was saved to the target database. I don't see another way to do it, but the very name of the command makes me think of mass updates. Is that only used for existing record edit updates, but not new record creation?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 06 Jun 2018 14:36

Please tell us which Devart product you are using. Excel Add-ins are not designed for migrating data between two sources.