Using excel addin with FreshDesk

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
_jE

Using excel addin with FreshDesk

Post by _jE » Fri 28 Jul 2017 09:34

Dear all

I am currently evaluating Devart's excel addin with Freshdesk
So far I encountered 2 issues:
- when trying to import tickets data I got an OutOfMemory error (ticket was raised with Devart's support); For now I worked around the issue by discarding some of the big fields
- the other issue I face when trying to import the TimeEntry data. For an unknown reason, it only brings me 13 rows (even in preview, regardless on how many rows I indicate) Any idea ahy?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Using excel addin with FreshDesk

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 28 Jul 2017 14:19

_jE wrote:- when trying to import tickets data I got an OutOfMemory error (ticket was raised with Devart's support);
Looks like the data being read are bigger than all the available memory on the computer. In this case you cannot read all data.
If you want just to get the data to, you can use Devart's Skyvia tool for exporting tickets to CSV file.
You can create an export package in the following way:
1. Go to https://skyvia.com/ and register for free.
2. Create a Freshdesk connection on the Connections page. For more information, please refer to https://skyvia.com/resources/docs/index ... shdesk.htm
3. Go to the Integration page and create a new Export package.
4. Under Source click Select and select Freshdesk, then select your Freshdesk connection in the drop-down list below.
5. Click the "Add task" button.
6. In the drop-down list select Ticket;
7. After you selected Leads, select a check box near the name of this entity. This selects all columns for export.
8. Click Save, and the task will be created.
9. Click Save in the package editor, and the package will be created.
10. Click Run, and package will be executed.
11. When execution is complete you will see results in the Run History pane.
12. The number of exported rows for an entity is a link. Click it to download the result CSV file.
_jE wrote:- the other issue I face when trying to import the TimeEntry data. For an unknown reason, it only brings me 13 rows (even in preview, regardless on how many rows I indicate) Any idea ahy?
We could not reproduce the issue. We create a 20 time entries, and all 20 items are selected by Excel. Could you please describe how exactly you indicate the number of rows which should be selected?

_jE

Post by _jE » Fri 28 Jul 2017 18:02

Hi
the first issue was solved meanwhile, I discarded 2 fields (Description and DescriptionHTML) and now it works properly.
The second one is still pending. Please provide an email where I can send you printscreens with steps taken.

Cheers,

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 31 Jul 2017 12:54

You can send the sceenshots to support at devart dot com or via our contact form.

_jE

Post by _jE » Tue 01 Aug 2017 11:08

Thanks, Pinturiccio

Mail sent.

Cheers,

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 02 Aug 2017 12:45

We have answered you via e-mail.