Refresh Error - "Didn't understand relationship..."

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
ddefilippis

Refresh Error - "Didn't understand relationship..."

Post by ddefilippis » Wed 05 Jul 2017 17:43

Hi,

I'm receiving the following error when using the Devart Excel Add-In for Salesforce v. 1.6.469.

"SELECT Campaign.Name, Owner.Name, PFC_Product_Name__r.Name
^
ERROR at Row1:Column23
Didn't understand relationship 'Owner' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

There are a few things that I should clarify:
1. The SQL queries work on certain machines. My team runs the query with no issue. It updates the reports as necessary.
2. We have local admin rights to our computers.
3. The users that need to use the tool receive the above error when trying to refresh the report
4. We've looked at varying logins - us logging in through their machine, them logging in using ours and it seems to be a local issue with the machine themselves. We've also reviewed permissions in SFDC to see if that would impact the refresh attempt. It did not.

Currently, I'm working to get a list of the asset details to compare software version installations, but wanted to check with the user community to see if anyone has run into this and if so, did you discover a fix? Is there a setting in options that I've missed?

Thanks!
Dolores

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Refresh Error - "Didn't understand relationship..."

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 10 Jul 2017 15:15

Please describe how you created the query. Did you select an object in Visual Query Builder, or did you enter an SQL query yourself?
Please also post here the full query text.

ddefilippis

Re: Refresh Error - "Didn't understand relationship..."

Post by ddefilippis » Thu 17 Aug 2017 18:32

Hi the SQL query was built myself. The issue has been resolved. Thank you and I apologize for not responding sooner.