Connect to MariaDB with SSH

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
msweijd

Connect to MariaDB with SSH

Post by msweijd » Fri 15 Jul 2016 12:44

Hello,
I want to connect to MYSQL/mariaDB database with the DevArt Excel Add-in.

I use the same input as in MYSQL Workbench. In workbench it works, devart excel add-in refuses connection with the error code "Access denied for user....."

The seeting I use under Manage Connection are
Connection Parameters: Host, Port, User Id, Password and Connection Name

Under advanced:
SSH Authentication Type - PublicKey
SSH Host, SSH Port, SSH Private Key, SSH Strict Host Key Checking - False, SSH user.

Any idea how can I establish a working connection?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Connect to MariaDB with SSH

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 20 Jul 2016 14:48

msweijd wrote:devart excel add-in refuses connection with the error code "Access denied for user....."
The "Access denied for user....." error means that you have successfully connected to an SSH server but failed MySQL authentication. Please make sure that you specify a valid values for the user id and password parameters.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Connect to MariaDB with SSH

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 26 Jul 2016 13:00

We could not reproduce the issue. We can successfully connect to a MariaDB database via SSH server. The "Access denied for user....." error means, that you successfully connect to SSH server, however, you have invalid pair of user id and password for the MariaDB database. Please make sure you use correct password and user id for MariaDB connection.