excel addin for sql server error - worksheet becomes protected

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
tnet

excel addin for sql server error - worksheet becomes protected

Post by tnet » Fri 10 Jul 2015 07:23

In general, the excel addin for Sql Server works nicely. However, quite often the addin throws an error or just times out when clicking on the refresh data icon. Sometimes excel reports that it has disabled the addin since it is causing errors. Other times devart reports that the worksheet is protected. In the cases where it is protected, I can get the addin to work again by unprotecting the sheet. However, I never protected the sheet in the first place. When the addin times out and doesn't report an error the only way I can get it working again is to re-enable the addin under excel's com addin configuration options, delete the worksheet and create a new one.

I hope this report helps you to track down this bug and correct it.
I'm using the DevartExcel ver 1.1.83, Excel 2013 32 bit, version 15.0.4727.1003 on Windows 7 x64 professional with Sql Server 2012.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: excel addin for sql server error - worksheet becomes protected

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 13 Jul 2015 15:36

tnet wrote:Other times devart reports that the worksheet is protected.
We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.
tnet wrote:quite often the addin throws an error or just times out when clicking on the refresh data icon.
We could not reproduce the issue. Please describe the steps we should perform to reproduce the issue.

tnet

Post by tnet » Mon 13 Jul 2015 16:11

I think the second error, where the addin times out, is related to the sheet protection issue and occurs when I fail to notice the sheet has become protected and hit the refresh data button. I believe the issue will be resolved when the worksheet protection issue is resolved. Thank you.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 20 Jul 2015 13:28

We have fixed the bug with not refreshing data if an Edit data session was not finished correctly. We will post here when the corresponding build of Excel Add-ins is available for download.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 27 Aug 2015 09:19

New version of Devart Excel Add-ins 1.2 is released.
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/excel-addins/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=32345