Possibly to refresh data programmatically from VBA?

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart Excel Add-ins, our product line for connecting Excel to external data from cloud applications and databases
MgSam

Possibly to refresh data programmatically from VBA?

Post by MgSam » Thu 09 Jul 2015 22:39

Is there a hook into VBA that would allow me to refresh the data programmatically?

Also related- it's annoying that when you click "Refresh" it shows you the connection wizard again. If the connection has been set already why does the user have to go through the wizard again?

Also- bug report here- I've found this tool doesn't work for a large data set of 10,000 rows.

Finally- feature request- a lot of times you want to be able to pass a parameter to your query from a cell in some other tab. There doesn't seem to be any support for this currently.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Possibly to refresh data programmatically from VBA?

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 10 Jul 2015 13:56

MgSam wrote:Is there a hook into VBA that would allow me to refresh the data programmatically?
We will investigate the possibility to implement such feature and post here about the results as soon as possible.
MgSam wrote:Also related- it's annoying that when you click "Refresh" it shows you the connection wizard again. If the connection has been set already why does the user have to go through the wizard again?
This behaviour occurs only if you haven't selected the "Allow saving password" check box when importing data. If you select the "Allow saving password" check box, Refresh won't open the wizard.
MgSam wrote:Also- bug report here- I've found this tool doesn't work for a large data set of 10,000 rows.
We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.
MgSam wrote:Finally- feature request- a lot of times you want to be able to pass a parameter to your query from a cell in some other tab. There doesn't seem to be any support for this currently.
We will investigate the possibility to implement such feature and post here about the results.

MgSam

Post by MgSam » Fri 10 Jul 2015 14:05

This behaviour occurs only if you haven't selected the "Allow saving password" check box when importing data. If you select the "Allow saving password" check box, Refresh won't open the wizard.
But in my case I'm using Windows Authentication, so the state of the "Allow saving password" checkbox shouldn't matter.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 13 Jul 2015 08:49

We have reproduced the issue with Windows Authentication. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 20 Jul 2015 13:26

We have fixed the bug with freezing when importing a large number of rows. We will post here when the corresponding build of Excel Add-ins is available for download.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 05 Aug 2015 11:56

We have fixed the bug with opening Import Data Wizard when executing Refresh or Edit Mode for SQL Server database with Windows Authentication is fixed. We will post here when the corresponding build of Excel Add-ins is available for download.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 27 Aug 2015 09:13

New version of Devart Excel Add-ins 1.2 is released.
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/excel-addins/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=32345