Visual Studio ERROR [HY000][Devart][ODBC][PostgreSQL] Syntax error at end of input at character

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
johnmatic

Visual Studio ERROR [HY000][Devart][ODBC][PostgreSQL] Syntax error at end of input at character

Post by johnmatic » Fri 10 Sep 2021 05:34

Hi Devart Forum,

I know that I've asked a few questions lately, but I'm having a problem that looks to me like a bug.

I have Visual Studio reporting services (2019) connected via the ODBC driver with protocol pv20 and IPBoth.

I'm running a really simple postgreSQL query that creates a temp table and inserts the results. I've paired this right back, and in this example I have 27 records of just one field, a text member number.

If I finish the query with a group by, the query works. I have a far more complex query I'm trying to write, and when I group by on this, it works too.

select
member_no
from TEMPTbl
group by member_no
;

If I remove the grouping, to see all the results, the query fails. I've tried everything, like select *, select all *

select
member_no
from TEMPTbl
;

This is the error message in Visual Studio when I attempt to execute the query.

Error Source: DevartODBCPostgreSQL.dll
Error Message: ERROR [HY000][Devart][ODBC][PostgreSQL]
Syntax error at end of input at character 23

Below is the whole query, of course member_contribution is my table. I've included character 23 in the error message because no matter how many times I change this, it is always at character 23. Both queries work perfect in pgAdmin4.

drop table if exists TEMPTbl;
CREATE TEMP TABLE TEMPTbl
(
member_no text
)
;
insert into TEMPtbl
select
member_no
from
member_contribution
where payment_received_date between '2021-08-04' and '2021-08-04'
;
select
member_no
from TEMPTbl
;

Any help would be appreciated as I can't use this solution without being able to see the detailed query results.

evgeniym
Devart Team

Re: Visual Studio ERROR [HY000][Devart][ODBC][PostgreSQL] Syntax error at end of input at character

Post by evgeniym » Fri 10 Sep 2021 13:00

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Please send us an example that uses ODBC Driver for PostgreSQL and demonstrates the incorrect behavior, along with DDL scripts for creating and populating the database objects.

Please, send them through the form on our website: https://devart.com/company/contactform.html

Also, can you send us the trace log when the error message appears? Please, find the instructions about how to create a trace log via the link below:
https://www.devart.com/odbc/postgresql/ ... racing.htm

Regards,
Evgeniy